Screaming Frog is actually a spider, which is actually a very useful website tool, for SEO in particular. Ok, could it get any more confusing than that? Let’s try again.
Screaming Frog is a free tool (available here), which allows you to do a full analysis of your website, which includes telling you the following:
- how many pages you have, what the status of them are (whether they are broken or not)
- what links you have (both inbound and outbound, internal and external)
- what your page titles and descriptions contain (the bits which appear in Google search results)
- the size of your images, web pages and code base
- the time it takes to load your pages
- what resources you have on your website (the amount of files that have to load)
- plus loads more
This tool replicates a search engine ‘spider’ which is the tool Google uses to find and analyse your website, before deciding where it should appear in search results.
The Screaming Frog is a free download, and is a superb tool to help anyone optimise a website. It will help you improve your link profile, your pageload speed and your general website health, all of which will have a positive impact on your Google search ranking.
Once you have used the Screaming Frog, it’s then down to what you do with the information. We have a full understanding of all things optimisation, so for help and advice feel free to call us on 01226 741110 or email firstname.lastname@example.org