WordPress Security Explained Really Well…
WordPress security is a common talking point.
As we already know, WordPress is one of the most widely used, popular and well-known website platforms in the world. In fact, it’s THE biggest. It offers a ease-of-use, flexibility and fantastic functionality, which is why we chose WordPress as one of our go-to platforms when we started in Web Design & Development.
With popularity comes vulnerability. Being so widely used, WordPress is also a target for hackers, spammers and malicious trolls all over the world.
We came across this article by a guy called Ryan, from bestvpn.org, which is one of THE most comprehensive WordPress security guides we’ve ever come across. If you have a WordPress, it’s well worth a read and great to use as a checklist for your own website’s security.
The guide contains nine chapters:
- Chapter One: Setting Up and Configuring Your WordPress Installation
- Chapter Two: Passwords and Password Hygiene
- Chapter Three: Adding an Internal Monitoring System
- Chapter Four: Securing Your Web Hosting Account
- Chapter Five: Protecting Against Your Users
- Chapter Six: Protecting Against Third-Party Utilities and Services
- Chapter Seven: Computers, Connections, and the Internet of Things
- Chapter Eight: Constructing Your Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Chapter Nine: Managing and Monitoring Your WordPress Site
Other WordPress Security Articles…
Here are one or two other articles we’ve written on WordPress security which you might also find useful: