Advanture is a van accessories company based in Royston, Barnsley. They previously traded for around 10 years under the name Vanbitz, and are a well known and long-standing supplier of all types of van accessories, whether it be for the work van, campers or just general van styling enthusiasts.
I was approached by Advanture to completely overhaul their online presence. With the flexibility and scale that Magento offers, we decided to use the newly released Magento 2 platform to develop this site. Despite Magento 2 being in it’s infancy at the start of this project, we have delivered an attractive, user-friendly ecommerce website with the future in mind.
Another major reason for using Magento 2 is that, further down the line, Advanture will offer products overseas, and will branch out with different online offerings. Magento 2 offers a fantastic multi-store environment, which gives us the foundations we need to carry out this expansion for Advanture.
About this Magento 2 project…
This website has been a large job, mainly due to the complexity of the order management processes and shipping, the complexed nature and presentation of product data and the sheer number of suppliers that our client had to liaise with.
We’ve produced a website which will help Advanture expand further into the market both in the UK and abroad. The website currently offers around 7,000 products for around 50 van makes and models. These numbers will only increase as time passes, with further ranges in the pipeline.
The website uses Magento 2 as the ecommerce platform and content management system. Magento is an open-source, modular system which meant we were able to add all the functionality we needed on top of what comes with Magento. This includes…
- A much more effective and intuitive product search tool, which corrects spelling, uses prediction and presents similar products if the exact one isn’t in stock.
- An eye catching slider/banner function to attract the users attention to featured products and services.
- A dropshipping option, to allow expansion to unlimited suppliers all over the world.
- Integration with eBay and Amazon, to allow synchronicity across all marketplaces.
- Other features including intuitive shopping cart, shipping and one-page checkout.